Tuesday 7 July 2009

Writing Buddies - A Reflection

Reflections on Writing Buddies from Barbara Jackson, Southampton Writers' Circle:

'I am very remiss in not mentioning this before but I attend 'Writing Buddies' and have done ever since the first meeting, which I came to with some trepidition. What was I going to find? Who was I going to find? Penny had assured me that she thought that she had enough interested writers to attend....

I stepped out of the lift and looked amongst the book shelves and was greatly surprised to see at least 12 people, men, ladies and young ladies. I was late you see, as they had begun at 2.00 p.m. Penny hailed me and when I had purchased my drink and roll, I joined in. Believe me, one cannot be shy for very long! Everyone is so friendly and we are all there for more than one reason. The main one is, I suppose, that writing can be a very lonely occupation and we all feel the same.

DO come and find us and swell the group. You will not be disappointed. The next meeting is Friday, 17th July.'

No comments:

Post a Comment